In recognition of the July 4 holiday, we will be closed on Friday, July 3. Have a great weekend and a safe celebration!
Opened in 1983, GSDC is the first privately owned and operated Developmental Disability Agency in Idaho. We are very proud to offer the highest quality supportive and innovative developmental therapy services!
Bilingual staff is available / Hablamos Español!
What’s New at GSDC?
- Help the Idaho Council of Developmental Disabilities with a short survey!
- We’re participating in the “Keep Meridian Healthy & Open for Business” campaign!
- COVID-19 Re-Entry Intake
- Tiered Response to COVID-19 Pandemic
- IRS: COVID-19 Economic Impact Payments for individuals receiving Social Security
GSDC has job openings for the following positions. Please call 208-888-5566 for more information.
- Behavior Interventionist – $20 per billable hour
- Community-Based Support Technician for our Childrens Centers
- Developmental Technician for our Adult Centers
Interested in a position? Click Here for the Online Job Application!
Our Mission Statement
Provide all individuals with developmental disabilities the highest quality of functional therapeutic services in a manner which encourages, enhances, and challenges each individual to develop and apply his /her strengths and skills for greater success in life.
At Gem State Developmental Center we:
- Advocate for increased opportunities for empowerment through community inclusion and citizenship
- Provide individualized and continual services and supports to children and adults with disabilities
- Encourage individuals to maximize their skills & strengths for greater independence & positive social behaviors
- Offer the highest quality supportive and innovative developmental therapy services
In 1983, Martin and Rosalie Landholm opened the doors to the first privately owned and operated DDA in Idaho. After a distinguished eighteen-year career working for the Department of Health and Welfare, Martin applied his knowledge and experience to create a company that would change lives. Currently, GSDC serves hundreds of individuals at four locations. Martin and Rosalie continue to run a flourishing business as well as create lasting relationships in this exceptional establishment.
In 2019, the company was sold to Lori Jo Poole, a Licensed Clinical Social Worker and GSDC’s Clinical Director of Adult Services, who has been with the company for over 20 years. Under our new ownership, we take pride in maintaining the same excellent levels of service and professionalism established by the Landholms, while looking forward to further development and growth in our existing and future relationships. We have a great team of compassionate, knowledgeable and experienced professionals and paraprofessionals who are passionate about seeing our participants thrive.