As COVID-19 continues to impact our lives, Gem State Developmental Center continues to monitor closely how our team, our participants, our communities, and our partners are managing the ever-evolving situation.
Our commitment to safety follows the national and state guidelines for making sure we are doing our part to stop the risk of spreading the virus, while carrying out activities that benefit, enhance, and support our participants in their daily lives.
To keep you informed, we continue to share updates regarding GSDC’s and the state of Idaho’s COVID-19 protocols. Please review the following guidelines.
Idaho’s COVID-19 Stage 4 Healthy Guidelines.
- Get vaccinated
- Wear face coverings in public places
- Stay home if you are sick
- Wash your hands often
- Cover coughs and sneezes
- Keep at least six feet between you and others in public
- Disinfect surfaces and objects regularly
Gem State Developmental Center’s Guidelines for Cold/Flu Season
- Stay at home when you are sick
- Participants and staff will be visually screened for illness upon arrival and will have their temperature taken 1-2x daily.
- Please monitor/evaluate each participant prior to sending them to the center
- Staff or participants with a temperature of 100.4 or more or display any infectious diseases will be sent home.
- We have identified rooms where these individuals may wait until their ride has arrived, as to not expose others.
- Masks are required for employees, participants as tolerated.
Free at-home COVID-19 tests
Every home in the U.S. is eligible to order one set of 4 free at-home COVID-19 tests. Orders can be made through the US Postal Service and will usually ship in 7-12 days.
You can order your tests from the following website. https://www.covidtests.gov/
Information about the tests.
- Are rapid antigen at-home tests, not PCR
- Can be taken anywhere
- Give results within 30 minutes (no lab drop-off required)
- Work whether you have COVID-19 symptoms
- Work whether you are up to date on your COVID-19 vaccines
- Are also referred to self-tests or over the counter (OTC) tests
These criteria will change as needed and information will be updated via email, our website, and/or or our Facebook business page.
If you have questions, comments, and/or concerns, please contact us at:
Telephone #208.888.5566, or Info@gsdcdda.com
Thank you for your continued support.