Under the general supervision of a Developmental Specialist, the Developmental Technician II assists in designing, implementing, and monitoring prescriptive developmental programs for developmentally delayed and developmentally disabled individuals; assists with data collection, updates and program structures; participates in community and center scheduled activities. Provision and direct oversight of developmental services is the Developmental Technician’s II primary job responsibility.
Individual Related Programming
- Individual Training: Implements training programs as assigned. Conducts individual and group developmental therapy and habilitative support sessions.
- Data Collection: Participates in the data collection process.
- Individual Safety: Observes individual safety procedures.
- Maintenance of Facility: Works with individuals to train independence in household chores.
- Records messages for other staff.
- Staff Meetings: Attends general staff meetings as requested.
- Supervision of Developmental Technicians I: Monitors Developmental Technicians I while involved in treatment activities and report to senior staff.
- Developmental Technician I Support: Assist Developmental Technician(s) I to ensure training activities are proactive and meeting identified needs of the individual.
- Skill Development: Attends workshops or in–service training sessions designed to increase knowledge and skills.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Must enjoy working with individuals with developmental disabilities.
Promoting Developmental Technician I to Developmental Technician II Position
At least 2,080 hours of GSDC work experience with individuals with developmental disabilities.