Under the general supervision of a Developmental Specialist, the Developmental Technician implements prescriptive developmental programs for developmentally delayed and developmentally disabled individuals. Provision of developmental services is the Developmental Technician’s primary job responsibility.
Individual Related Programming
- Individual Training: Implements training programs as assigned. Conducts individual and group developmental therapy and habilitative support sessions.
- Data Collection: Participates in the data collection process.
- Individual Safety: Observes individual safety procedures.
- Maintenance of Facility: Works with individuals to train independence in household chores.
- Records messages for other staff.
- Staff Meetings: Attends general staff meetings as requested.
- Skill Development: Attends workshops or in–service training sessions designed to increase knowledge and skills.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Must enjoy working with individuals with developmental disabilities.
Promoting Developmental Technician to Developmental Technician II Position
At least 2,080 hours of GSDC work experience with individuals with developmental disabilities.